About the Place
Jibhi is nestled in the valley of Kullu in Himachal Pradesh, also known as the valley of Gods.
The Banjar Valley begins 3 kms before the tunnel on the National Highway 21 and the State Highway 11, just before the town of Aut and ends at Jalore Pass. The State Highway winds its way from Aut through Banjar Valley and then continues beyond Jalori Pass to Narkanda, Shimla and KinnarKailash, thereby connecting the Sainj and Tirthan Valley with Banjar Valley.
How to get here
Direction from Delhi/Chandigarh
- From Delhi it takes around 14 hours to reach Jibhi by road.
- One can take a overnight HRTC bus from Delhi heading to Manali and get down at Aut, ideally before the Aut tunnel.
- And from there take a bus or shared cabs heading towards Banjar or Jibhi directly. Jibhi is another 36 Kms from Aut.
- You can contact us to arrange for your travel. With adequate advance booking we can arrange for a vehicle from Delhi or a pickup from Aut.
- Important Distances from Jibhi: Banjar (8 km), Kullu (58 km), Manali (98 km), Rohtang Pass (148 km), Jalori Pass (10 km), Sainj (75 km), Rampur (115 km), Shimla (174 km)
Seasons and clothing
- Spring (March and April) – you will need light woolen clothing.
- Summer (April – October/November) – you will need light woolen clothing.
- Autumn (October/November – December) you will need light woolen clothing and a warm jacket.
- Winter (December – March) it is very cold, with chance of snow fall – please bring appropriate winter gear.
- Exchange services and Western Union are available at Doli Guest House in Jibhi
- Exchange services and ATM’s are available in Banjar, Bhuntar and Kullu
- Health Center in Banjar
- Basic first aid and pharmacy in Jibhi
- Lady Wellington Hospital in Manali and offers some services at their local branch in Jibhi
- GPO Banjar
- There is an internet connection at the Guest House