Do you love spending time in the natural world? Do you love how you feel when you’re with trees, mountains, rivers, animals and working on an organic farm, even if you don’t know why? If you have felt a connection to Nature and want to deepen it, allow yourself to turn toward that light using Ancient Wisdom: The Primitive Wheel with Rana!
When: One month stay, each season, choose: April-May, May-June, July- Aug-Sep, Oct-Nov,
Place: Doli Guest house & Rana Swiss Cottage Jibhi, Himachal Pradesh, India
(For more details please visit www.kshatra.com)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-98160 58290, 94184 42122.
Life begins at 6000 ft (1800m)
- Stay and facilities: Rana Swiss Cottages & Doli Guest House; triple and double sharing. For more details please visit www.kshatra.com
- Eat organic meals from the farm & wilderness – unrefined food
- Prepare food in a way that doesn’t kill the food.
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat.
- Spend more time outside and live in harmony with nature.
- Practice meditation, yoga, sun gazing, nature walks, forest bathing & sweat lodge
- Use natural medicine to heal and recover
In this time of crisis, there are many who long to live in a different way. Many of us feel that our current situation does not support our deeper values, and we experience living conditions in metropolises and cities to be very restrictive and hostile. Most of us are living a high-speed life at a quick pace.
Modern life and technology together could have a huge negative effect on your mental and physical wellbeing; it is slowly consuming our souls and deteriorating our health.
People are affected by anxiety, depression, stress and loneliness, physical and emotional disorders. Industrialization has destroyed wild habitats; environment and we are not living in Natural world.
I believe we have gained so much in all respects but feel like we have lost everything.
And that’s why I created the PRIMITIVE WHEEL – the coming together of natural, healthy, traditional lifestyle practices in the foot hills of the Western Himalayas.
What to expect during your stay
A natural and healthy lifestyle
Program your mind to be living a natural and healthy lifestyle and the body will soon crave it. Once you realize the benefits and put into practice the steps necessary to achieve them, a natural and healthy lifestyle will become second nature to you.
Live a natural life
Know nature’s rhythms and patterns by unplugging modern technology.
Learn primitive food and clothing techniques.
Engage in activities that bring you into harmony with nature.
FOOD: Gathering from wilderness and natural farming
Natural farming of heirloom vegetables. Fruits, spices, and native varieties of grains.
Traditional recipes and methods of cooking.
Human powered techniques of grain processing.
Human powered techniques of oil extraction from seeds and nuts for homemade soap.
Foraging in the wilderness for edible plants.
Engaging in these techniques and activities while experiencing and interacting with nature.
Interact with these natural ingredients:
- Red rice
- Local wheat
- Foxtail millet
- Taro root
- Horse chestnut
Fabric: Primitive types of Fabric
Learn traditional weaving techniques and patterns
Be introduced to sheep wool and goat hair used for making blankets, shawls and cloth.
Use fibrous leaves and stems of native plants for carpets and bags.
Medicine: Natural Cures and Remedies
Explore naturally occurring plant and animal based substances with medical properties.
Learn traditional processing techniques for making medicine.
Understand proportions for medicine and accompanying dietary guidelines.
Why should you bother?
A natural lifestyle is sustainable, which is of great benefit to nature, to ourselves and to our children.
It allows your creativity to come forward and guide you.
The rewards are immeasurable. From a thrilling riot of cultural colors to the scenic splendor of peaks, head out to the destination where the Almighty has displayed his artistic prowess.
Navigate to the jagged mountains in the foothills of the Western Himalayas to experience Ancient Wisdom: Primitive Wheel with Rana
“Where the mind leads, your body must follow.”
Do you find yourself considering a change of pace… seeking a slower way of life?
Having experienced what I have in my childhood and youth, I have developed some sense of what is going down in the world. I believe there are many wonderful human beings that are depressed, devastated, and overwhelmed by the crazed society that surrounds them. Their true desire is to live as close to nature as possible. Perhaps no one else knows that they feel this way, and they tell no one for fear of rejection and ridicule. Their secret consumes their thoughts and dreams and they continue going through the motions of a crazed society, living the way they really want to live only in their heads.
Most of us are living a high-speed life at a quick pace. More and more people are moving away from nature to towns and cities,
Sometimes I think I was predestined for a primitive way of life. As a youngster, I was fascinated with all things. I spent long hours exploring the tall grass pastures of our farm, shooting arrows and throwing spears. Gigantic mountains, thick forests and formations made by nature influenced me. Flowing streams, rivers & melodious songs of the birds chirping enchanted me.
I was raised in a western Himalayan mountain farming community. As a young boy I was responsible for looking after the cows and oxen and a flock of sheep and goats. I enjoyed being around the animals and thought I would probably farm for a living.
After graduation, my life changed completely in a different direction for over one and half decades as it drifted me to another shore of life style
Coming back home
I felt very positive about my decision to leave the material/civilized way of existence behind. I just wasn’t sure where I would be going to leave it behind. I have called my quest The Journey from Civilized Chaos to Primitive Paradise.
Primitive Wheel Part 1/4
Live a Natural Lifestyle
- Understand nature’s rhythms and patterns by unplugging modern technology
- Learn primitive techniques of food and clothing
- Engage in activities that bring you in harmony with nature
- Frees the mind of distraction and offers clarity
- Allows for connection to the natural and spiritual world
- Provides anti-bacterial and wound healing properties
- A journey to learn the art of healing through nature.
- Multiple benefits for our mental health,relieving stress,anxiety,high blood pressure and depression.
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Boosts the immune system and accelerates recovery from illness
- Feel a stronger connection to the natural world
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Enhances self awareness
- Reduces age related memory loss
- Generate a feeling of kindness and generosity
- Explore the world within you
Star & Sun Gazing
- Decrease in appetite and weight loss
- Increase in production of seratonin
- Improve eyesight and vision
- Increase energy, vitality, awareness and consciousness
- Decalcify the pineal gland
Primitive Wheel Part 2/4
GATHERING FROM WILDERNESS & NATURAL FARMING
Primitive sources of food
- Natural farming of heirloom vegetables, fruits, spices & native varieties of grains
- Traditional recipes and methods of cooking
- Human powered techniques of grain processing for oils and soaps
- Foraging in the wilderness for edible plants
- Engaging in techniques, activities while experiencing and interacting with nature
- Rich source of protein.
- Gluten-free,Phytonutrients:fight off inflammation,high blood pressure,and may prevent certain cancers.
- Vitamins and minerals:rich source of calcium,magnesium and copper,vitamins-A,C,K and B.
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Increases weight loss
- Gluten free and high in many minerals
- Contains many essential vitamins
- High fiber count
- High in antioxidants and pottasium
- High water content and very hydrating
- Promotes eye, skin and gut health
- Low in calories
- Known to protect the liver
- Low calorie count
- Contains carbohydrates, fiber and antioxidents
- Contains protein and negligible fat
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- Contains high value of fiber and carbohydrates
- Contains high values of vitamin A, C, E, B6
- High mineral content
- Contains nutrients
- Reduces inflammation
- Used to treat Hay Fever
- Lowers blood pressure
- Controls Blood Sugar levels
Primitive Wheel Part 3/4
Primitive Types of Fabric
- Learn traditional weaving techniques and pattern making with cotton thread
- Sheep wool and Goat hair used for making mats and bags
- Use fibrous leaves and stems of native plants for carpets and bags
Primitive Wheel Part 4/4
Natural Cures and Remedies
- Explore naturally occurring elements – plant and animal based with medicinal properties
- Learn traditional processing techniques for making medicine
- Understand proportions for medicine and accompanying dietary guidelines